visit my website

Jordynn Mackenzie
www.jordynnmackenzie.com

About Me

I am a graduate of Ryerson University's New Media program, graphic and web designer, and a self taught seamstress. I live and work in the beautiful city of Toronto, Ontario. I use new and recycled/reclaimed materials to create limited-edition wallets, handbags and accessories as Jordynn Mackenzie.
(Read my full bio here)

Upcoming Events

  • Winter Fling... a Craft Thing Saturday, December 5, 2009 from 11am to 6pm
    St. Stephen-in-the-Fields, 103 Bellevue Ave (College St. at Bellevue), Toronto
Winter Fling ... A Craft Thing

shop online

latest flickr

www.flickr.com

Previous Posts

 Subscribe to Posts

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tutorial: Market Tote Sewn From a Pillowcase



I've just finished this tutorial on how to sew your own reusable shopping totes from pillowcases. They roll up and snap together for convenient storage and travel. They're also fully lined and machine washable.

All you need is a pretty pillowcase, a few tools and some time.
(tutorial link)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Great tote!! I love that it's made to roll up and snap together. I posted a link to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing: http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-pillowcase-market-tote/2009/07/07/
--Anne

7/7/09 10:56 p.m.  
Blogger Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Wow, this is great! I saw the link on Craft Gossip. I'd love to link to it as well if you didn't mind.

8/7/09 5:11 p.m.  
Blogger Jordynn said...

I don't mind at all - thanks for the features! :)

9/7/09 3:09 p.m.  
Anonymous sewcraftymeg said...

Love this tote! I just purchased some great pillowcases at the thrift shop, cheap and cute. I am going to give this a try. Thanks for the great idea.

10/7/09 7:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great IDEA!!!!!!
i just posted in my blog, this is pricelesss...
good luck

11/8/09 9:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home