visit my website

Jordynn Mackenzie
www.jordynnmackenzie.com

About Me

I am a graduate of Ryerson University's New Media program, graphic and web designer, and a self taught seamstress. I live and work in the beautiful city of Toronto, Ontario. I use new and recycled/reclaimed materials to create limited-edition wallets, handbags and accessories as Jordynn Mackenzie.
(Read my full bio here)

Upcoming Events

  • Winter Fling... a Craft Thing Saturday, December 5, 2009 from 11am to 6pm
    St. Stephen-in-the-Fields, 103 Bellevue Ave (College St. at Bellevue), Toronto
Winter Fling ... A Craft Thing

shop online

latest flickr

www.flickr.com

Previous Posts

 Subscribe to Posts

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ironing Board - Before + After

I am almost embarrassed to show the state of my ironing board before... but here it is was:

Ironing Board Recover - Before

and After!
Ironing Board Recover - After

I pretty much winged the recover.. turned the ironing board upside down to trace my two layers of wool felt (I ended up using that and the padding that originally came with the board too so it's extra padded) and fabric. I used a vintage cotton that I love so much I am keeping it all for myself. I serged the raw edges and made a casing in the fabric for the drawstring. I also reused the string that came with the old cover because it was perfectly good string and exactly the length I needed.

If I were to do it again I would maybe overestimate the amount of overhang I needed.. this cover is almost too small, but I am not redoing it! The two layers of felt are great though. It really added the extra padding I needed and gives it a smooth finish.

If you're thinking about doing the same thing, The Purl Bee has an excellent tutorial here

Now the hardest part... keeping the cats off!
Ironing Board Recover - including cat

PS: I did a Flickr photo search for "cat ironing board".
The results are fantastic!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home