visit my website

Jordynn Mackenzie
www.jordynnmackenzie.com

About Me

I am a graduate of Ryerson University's New Media program, graphic and web designer, and a self taught seamstress. I live and work in the beautiful city of Toronto, Ontario. I use new and recycled/reclaimed materials to create limited-edition wallets, handbags and accessories as Jordynn Mackenzie.
(Read my full bio here)

Upcoming Events

  • Winter Fling... a Craft Thing Saturday, December 5, 2009 from 11am to 6pm
    St. Stephen-in-the-Fields, 103 Bellevue Ave (College St. at Bellevue), Toronto
Winter Fling ... A Craft Thing

shop online

latest flickr

www.flickr.com

Previous Posts

 Subscribe to Posts

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ambassador Bridge Freehand Machine Embroidery

Ambassador Bridge

I made this 6"x8" picture of the Ambassador Bridge last week. I've always loved this bridge. It joins my hometown Windsor, ON with Detroit Michigan.

I sketched the basic lines of the bridge onto paper, then sketched those lines onto a wool/cashmere blend that I bought ages ago to cover a futon. Then I stitched back and forth, filling in the details as I went along.

I'd like to do another bridge portrait. Tacoma Narrows?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Danielle said...

That's fantastic.

I love that bridge too. I went to school at the U of Windsor and lived right beside it.

9/9/09 3:06 p.m.  
Blogger Shannon McCarthy said...

awesome!!!

20/9/09 7:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home