visit my website

Jordynn Mackenzie
www.jordynnmackenzie.com

About Me

I am a graduate of Ryerson University's New Media program, graphic and web designer, and a self taught seamstress. I live and work in the beautiful city of Toronto, Ontario. I use new and recycled/reclaimed materials to create limited-edition wallets, handbags and accessories as Jordynn Mackenzie.
(Read my full bio here)

Upcoming Events

  • Winter Fling... a Craft Thing Saturday, December 5, 2009 from 11am to 6pm
    St. Stephen-in-the-Fields, 103 Bellevue Ave (College St. at Bellevue), Toronto
Winter Fling ... A Craft Thing

shop online

latest flickr

www.flickr.com

Previous Posts

 Subscribe to Posts

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dress: Built By Wendy 3964

Built By Wendy 3964

I finally got around to making a dress from the Built By Wendy pattern #3964 and I love it!

This is my second attempt (here's the first) at the pattern and I am very pleased with the final result. I used a lovely blue cotton stretch jersey, which was interesting to sew with since I usually work with woven fabrics, but with my serger, it was pretty easy to finish.

I didn't really follow the instructions for the last half of the dress and I finished whatever I could with my serger. I finished the binding around the neck and sleeves with my serger, folded under and top stitched. I also left off the 'wing' sleeve which made me look ridiculous, and made the shoulders narrower. And I left off the tie on the back, which I found just got untied all the time and put in a hook/eye type closure. It really just pulls over the top of my head and I could have left out the closure all together.

I love love love to wear this dress, as shown by my posing above... but I hate modelling clothes for photographs. I don't even want to admit how many photos it took for me to get something I was happy with!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home