visit my website

Jordynn Mackenzie
www.jordynnmackenzie.com

About Me

I am a graduate of Ryerson University's New Media program, graphic and web designer, and a self taught seamstress. I live and work in the beautiful city of Toronto, Ontario. I use new and recycled/reclaimed materials to create limited-edition wallets, handbags and accessories as Jordynn Mackenzie.
(Read my full bio here)

Upcoming Events

  • Winter Fling... a Craft Thing Saturday, December 5, 2009 from 11am to 6pm
    St. Stephen-in-the-Fields, 103 Bellevue Ave (College St. at Bellevue), Toronto
Winter Fling ... A Craft Thing

shop online

latest flickr

www.flickr.com

Previous Posts

 Subscribe to Posts

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Experiments in fabric printing - Linoleum Block

Block Printing

I've been experimenting with printing fabrics (up next - screen printing) and here's the first repeated pattern I've completed.

It takes a good amount of pressure and ink, but I really like the finished result.
I made the repeated pattern into a sort of puzzle piece and mounted it onto plexiglass so that it would be easier to line up the repeated pattern. As you can see, I'm still pretty new to this and am not very good at printing without seams.

Block Printing

But I think it looks fantastic made up into wallets!

Jordynn Mackenzie Hand Printed Wide Wallets

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home