visit my website

Jordynn Mackenzie
www.jordynnmackenzie.com

About Me

I am a graduate of Ryerson University's New Media program, graphic and web designer, and a self taught seamstress. I live and work in the beautiful city of Toronto, Ontario. I use new and recycled/reclaimed materials to create limited-edition wallets, handbags and accessories as Jordynn Mackenzie.
(Read my full bio here)

Upcoming Events

  • Winter Fling... a Craft Thing Saturday, December 5, 2009 from 11am to 6pm
    St. Stephen-in-the-Fields, 103 Bellevue Ave (College St. at Bellevue), Toronto
Winter Fling ... A Craft Thing

shop online

latest flickr

www.flickr.com

Previous Posts

 Subscribe to Posts

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Red and Yellow Tomatoes


Tomatoes, originally uploaded by jordynnmackenzie.

I guess I know it's the end of summer when friends bring me tomatoes from their gardens - I'm not complaining! These are a mixture of tomatoes from Aidan's mom's garden and my friend Liisa's garden. I especially like the look of the yellow pear tomatoes that Liisa gave us. They are very brain-ey and filled with the tomato seed mush (I love that part of a tomato!)


Tomatoes, originally uploaded by jordynnmackenzie.

This was also my first year as a container gardener. I was given a tomato plant from Aidan's mom and I re-potted it, pruned it (yes I pruned) and then ate the tomatoes as they came off the vine. Unfortunately some animal.. probably a raccoon or squirrel, found my plant and dined off of it a few times. But here it is before much had grown, right after it was potted and pruned:


My Tomato Plant, originally uploaded by jordynnmackenzie.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home